Alternative Dispute Centers
Agoura Hills, California
About Us
FAQs and Disclosures

Legal FAQs, Disclosures, and Notices
Regarding the Cases Our Law Offices Handle
Dispute Mediation


Call Alternative Disputes Center in Calabasas, California, for assistance with all your legal needs. We offer Mediation as an alternative to litigation and our reputation within our community for getting cases resolved is outstanding.  We also represent plaintiffs and defendants in family law, aviation, personal injury cases, and can help with landlord-tenant and business disputes as well. When you're having trouble, contact us and we'll represent your best interest.

Quill pen - Contact our law offices in Calabasas, California, for legal assistance, personal injury representation, civil litigation, and assistance with real estate, landlord, or tenant disputes.


How Do I Know Whether I Really Have a Case?
If you have been injured by someone else, you have a case. This applies in such situations as those involving vehicles, trains, airplanes, power equipment, and other devices, if the person who was operating the equipment acted carelessly. Carelessness is often defined in terms of negligence, which essentially means that one has failed to act reasonably under a certain set of circumstances. For example, if a driver failed to yield the right-of-way, and in turned caused an accident, that person would be negligent and therefore responsible for the injured party's damages. These responsibilities would include compensation for pain and suffering, disfigurement, permanent disability, amputation, paralysis, and death.

Should I Hire an Attorney?
It is strongly advised that you hire an attorney if you've been injured, because you are likely to receive a larger settlement than you would without representation. Not all attorneys, however, have the same qualifications; just because someone graduated law school, they are not necessarily capable of dealing with all cases that come their way. It's wise to hire an attorney who specializes in handling the type of case you've presented.

What's the Best Way to Choose a Lawyer?
Several factors should be considered when deciding which attorney will represent you. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
  • The attorney's length of experience, or the amount of time the firm has been practicing
  • The ways in which similar cases (to yours) have been handled by the attorney
  • The attorney's success rate with cases similar to yours, and the amount of compensation that has been agreed upon in each case
  • The financial resources of the firm, relevant to field and research expenses involved in proving a case
  • The attorney's reputation with the Bar as well as the judge(s) before whom the case will be tried
  • The attorney's passion and commitment to realizing justice for your case
  • The attorney's disposition toward contingency-based compensation (whether he or she will waive their fee is the case is not fought successfully)

What Does it Cost to Hire an Attorney?

For those who've been injured, they should reasonably expect that their attorney will only be paid if a recovery is made. This type of agreement is referred to as a "Contingency Fee Contract," in which the attorney receives a percentage of the recovery amount. The approved amounts for these fees vary from 33.3% to 50%, based upon the intensity and scope of the case. However, a lot of matters are paid on an "hourly basis".  The hourly fee will vary depending on your attorneys experience.

Disclosures and Notices

The information at this site is subject to change without notice. Although we try to keep this site current and accurate, you should not rely on this information or its applicability to any specific circumstances without first speaking with an attorney. We cannot promise that the information on this site is applicable to your circumstances, correct, complete, and up-to-date, that your access will be uninterrupted, or that material accessible from this site is free of viruses.

Persons who contact our law offices through the Internet email facility provided through this site should not send confidential, privileged, or sensitive information, and should not ask specific legal questions by email without first speaking to an attorney in our law office. To be contacted by us, you may provide information about the general nature of your inquiry, without providing any confidential specifics, or if the matter is very time-sensitive, please telephone us directly.

Please do not consider there to be any attorney-client relationship between you and us unless or until: (i) you have sought to retain us; (ii) we have had the opportunity to check and clear any conflicts; and (iii) you have received a letter from us confirming the retention and its scope.

Privacy Policy Statement
We have adopted the following privacy policy statement applicable to our website.

We do not currently collect personal identifying information (the "information") through our website except:

  • for information that your Internet service provider automatically provides to our web server, such as its website address and possibly your email address.
  • for information that you send to us in an email message, and
  • for information that you submit to us in a CGI form (for example, when you submit a search request on our web page).
Email sent to us may not be secure. If you choose to send us an email message, we may retain the content of the email, your email address and our response, and it becomes our property.

In order to better serve you and better facilitate the use of this website so that you are not required to enter a user name or password each time you visit our site, our website may place a small file, known as a "cookie," to be accessed by your browser during subsequent visits to this site.

We will use Information for our own proper purposes, but we will not sell Information to third parties.

We encourage you to review our Privacy Policy Statement periodically for updates that will be posted on this website.

Contact our law offices in Calabasas, California, for dispute mediation, legal assistance,
personal injury representation, civil litigation, and assistance
with real estate, landlord, or tenant disputes.